Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Curved bathub enclosure with center faucet. Good idea?

Posted by vitaminjd (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 6, 12 at 19:40

I had been looking at a Kohler expanse tub for the bath alcove in our new house but I found this MAAX model online that has a similar curved tub but with walls. I have a one piece enclosure right now and it's really easy to keep clean so I like the idea of having it again. You can get this model below with centered or side faucets. I have never seen an enclosure with centered faucets before and I'm wondering if there might be disadvantages that I'm not thinking of. Any advice?

Here's a link to the item page on the MAAX website (with another photo): http://www.maax.com/en/UtilityPages/ProductDetail.aspx?productID=(E75377C4-1254-4D54-A8F1-3D83726DA443)&refPageID=(8A83DD74-0BC8-41B9-91CC-492D8F4E3125)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Curved bathub enclosure with center faucet. Good idea?

Your link doesn't work but I think I found the product you were looking at. The obvious disadvantages would be (1) difficulty reaching to the back to turn the water off and on from outside the tub -especially if there is someone (a child) in the tub. (2) You're stuck with the plumbing for that configuration if you ever want to switch out the tub.

I would go with the standard configuration.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here