Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this too high

Posted by salbwil (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 4, 12 at 19:37

Hi,
I just received a price for tiling my tub alcove , standard 3x5 alcove, 6 ft over tub , and including the ceiling . The price does include cement board installation as well as two coats of hydro an. The tile is an off white , no pattern 10x13 in tile, straightforward installation, with an accent tile line running through around two thirds up the wall. The price was $ 2200 . Is this in the ballpark, or is it very high ?
Salbwil

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this too high

Seems a little high to me. I want to say I heard the figure of $1200 thrown around in one of the tile shops that does installation in our area for the tub surround.

Does this price include the tile? If so, how expensive a tile is it? You would be amazed how high in price an off white no pattern 10x13 tile can be. Accent tiles can be rather costly too.

The general rule of thumb is to get 3 estimates for the job + references and pics of their past work before signing on the dotted line.

Hope this helps!

o
RE: Is this too high

This does not include the tile and I am waiting for two other estimates. I appreciate your comments and agree the price seemed quite high. It's been a while since I've had work done so was thinking maybe I was out of touch.
Salbwil

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here