Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Midcontinent vanity program?

Posted by zeitgast (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 5, 13 at 18:55

Anybody have experience with midcontinent's vanity program? I have a long trip to visit a retailer and was curious about cost for a furniture style option. Thx

Here is a link that might be useful: Midcontinent vanity

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Midcontinent vanity program?

We used Midcontinent for a bath vanity last year. I don't recall the $$ because it is also a laundry room and we did 12 extra cabinets along with the sink vanity. It was reasonable--I didn't want to spend a lot or go custom for this bathroom.

The quality is as I expected. (Adequate--nothing fancy.) The paint has held up well, with a lot of toothpaste-y water on the drawers,

I did a 36" wide with furniture feet, and also a large bank of cabinets for a linen closet with furniture feet, as well. Make sure you order full details for the sides if they'll be visible.

o

Thanks

o

I liked their web page. They included, by name, all the principal people in the business. I like that it is not anonymous.

o

@shanghaimom--
we are looking at using a contractor for master bath remodel who "recommends" Mid Continent cabinetry--
they will do two vanities with a 3 stack drawer in middle and then a tall linen closet with 4 doors (2/2), two laundry hamper 36 in tall cabinets and a drawer stack in another part of the master bath...
we are getting painted white, no glaze w/cottage fronts for doors and probably a 5 panel Shaker type drawer front...

how are your drawers holding up?
are the bottoms thin?
how about the linen closet?
What spacing did you use for the slide out shelves/drawers?

o

Does anyone know if you Can customize depth and height with their cabinets?

o

We have one in our master bath and like it very much. It has held up well to water, toothpaste etc. and feels solid/well-made.

o

FIRSTHOME--sorry didn't see your query--
the designer we are working with through a contractor has some flexibility as to dimensions but basically these are stock sizes--
he can add fillers to bridge spaces where two pieces might not take up all the space but can't always just add an inch to the unit--
like in the area where our linen closet and cabinets for hampers--
he has to add a filler to allow space for linen closet door to swing back
so it doesn't hit a doorway facing...

we still haven't confirmed this order

if you really need "special" or unique sizes, you are probably better off having them made to order by local cabinetry company--
up-charges for special items can be pretty expensive

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here