Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
PLEASE help me choose

Posted by aanj (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 12, 12 at 18:50

I am in need of vanity lighting for the master bathroom.

I have narrowed it down to the two. Which one do you like better?

PS, I cant post a pic of my bathroom. BOTH lights would work with decor.

SO the question is only what light is nicer?

http://www.amazon.com/Varaluz-193B04NV-Fascination-Halogen-Bathroom/dp/B003XTEW4K

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003XNKR3Q/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=1278548962&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B004LS4TQI&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0JRCCH8S13CYDZWHVCPS

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: PLEASE help me choose

I'd go with option #2. There is no way I would want to dust the little circles in #1 every week. Plus halogen lighting is very HOT!

o

Both are halogen. I love the Varaluz Fascination and wanted a pendant in that style but it didn't work for me with the greenish recycled glass. But, I love the style. Memo has a great point about the dusting, however.

I LOVE the second one. After having spent much of the afternoon looking at lights myself, I am off to order one of those. It will look awesome with the faucet I'm ordering. I was looking for something with a curve like that. So, thanks for posting the question as you found me the light I've been looking for!

Good luck with your decision.

o

Thanks for the quick reply.
I just looked, they are both Halogen (I never noticed before).

The dusting wouldn't bother me too much.
WHat look do you prefer?

o

I think the 2nd one is beautiful and will have more lasting power style wise.

o

@aanj, I still prefer #2 over the circles one. For me, less is more so I'd choose simple design with great materials every time. Good luck with your decision!

o

OK thank you all. I guess I will choose #2. I need to buy three for the bathroom as there are 2 sink areas and a vanity area.
So # 2 also works out about $660 cheaper in the end.

o

Like both, depends on style of your bathroom.

o

Definitely #2. It has more staying power.

o

Second one, hands down.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here