Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bath Surround assistance

Posted by Jbarrow21 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 9, 14 at 18:42

I have 3rd FL bathtub placed below eaves. The walls rise approx. 4' at both head and foot of tub. But the back length of tub is more unique. It rises up around a foot from tub edge, turns back to make a long 1' deep shelf before rising a final few feet before intersecting eave. All is drywalled and painted with minimal caulking around tub. The rehabbers did minimal with clever design. I have looked at bath surrounds but lots of custom would be needed. I'm looking at backsplash tiles... glass... some fake stones on back netting.... ceramic.. anyone have experience/ideas?? I am putting in a hand held shower head and in a year or so of renting will probably have the bathroom remodeled to include shower. So wish to invest for a few years for reasonable price.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bath Surround assistance

You need 80'' of height to be a legal fixture. Not at all compliant as described. Won't be a legal bath, or rental.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here