Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How about Burton Brown and white cabinetry?

Posted by nika107 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 26, 13 at 18:22

We're redoing a small powder room (3x6), and I've been throwing out a few questions to the forum, and the answers have been very helpful! We were originally looking at getting a silestone vanity top in Concrete (mid tone grey). We have to keep the builder-installed vanity for budget reasons, but we're redoing the doors to make them shaker style and adding hardware. Because we're keeping that cabinet, it will be painted and we'd like to keep it in the white color family (ease of maintenance).

A friend who is a realtor though said that for resale, buyers in my area tend to like neutral bathrooms on the warm side instead of something cool like a grey vanity top.

Now we're looking at Silestone Burton Brown for a top, but I'm wondering how that would look with white cabinets?

And am I worrying over nothing in avoiding the Silestone Concrete color top? If we used the grey silestone, we would use maybe a porcelain tile in "carrera" which is white with slight grey veining to mimic carrera marble. Someone said that could look dated....

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How about Burton Brown and white cabinetry?

I'm no expert but I think Burton brown would look awesome with a warm white cabinet. I'd also use ORB hardware to make it even warmer. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here