Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cleaning a Toto Toilet with Sanagloss Glazing

Posted by UpgradeResearch (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 27, 12 at 18:04

I am trying to find a suitable method for cleaning a Toto toilet that has Sanagloss Glazing.

Most of the toilet bowl cleaners I have seen in local brick and mortar stores have strong fragrances, dyes, and/or harsh ingredients which might harm the toilet finish. (I would love to find a toilet bowl cleaner that was healthy/safe for both humans and Toto toilets.)

In another thread, I noticed that a couple of posters suggested dishwashing soap/detergent for cleaning Toto toilets. Does liquid dishwashing detergent really clean and disinfect a toilet sufficiently? If so, how often do you clean it? (Note: I live in an area with hard water.)

I am also concerned about cleaning the toilet bowl brush. Unfortunately, it sounds like disposable toilet bowl brushes are not recommended for use with a Sanagloss finish. Since I am probably going to have to store a nylon(?) toilet brush next to the toilet, I would prefer it to be as germ/contamination-free as possible.

Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cleaning a Toto Toilet with Sanagloss Glazing

The instructions seem simple enough, a mild dish detergent and soft, plastic bristle brush. The concept seems to be that the surface is so smooth that things do stick to it.

How sanitary that is will require someone with training I don't have.

Here is a link that might be useful: Toto Sanagloss Care Instructions

o

I use Lysol TB cleaner (I believe I had asked Toto when the toilets, with Sanagloss were installed and was told it is okay to use). I squirt it inside the bowl, and let it sit for about 10 minutes or longer, and then "scrub" with a plastic bristled TB brush.

o

Oh crud. I have a Toto Acqui without Sanigloss in our guest bath and have been very happy with it. I ordered a Toto with Sanigloss for our master bath because I thought it would make cleaning even easier. If I had known you can't use disposable toilet wands on Sanigloss I would have skipped it. I can't believe I am going to be stuck with a nasty toilet brush in the bathroom again. (Just great with a 1 year old who wants to explore everything.)

o

And Kaysd, it doesn't stop at one :O When my kids were 5 and 7 they would chase each other around the house with the plunger!

o

I have a Toto toilet w/sanagloss finish and use the Scrubbing Bubbles Fresh Brush toilet cleaning system. This uses the flushable cleaning pads.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here