Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flooring to coordinate with white subway and marble accents?

Posted by tlpetty (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 4, 14 at 17:53

This is our master en-suite and we have chosen white subway tile in the shower with a 2ft x 4ft accent rectangle in the center of the 2 walls in Carrara marble. I am trying to find an "economical", menaing under about $4/sq. ft. porcelain or vinyl tile that will coordinate and look great on the floor without clashing with the Carrara.

This is the tile I was considering the linked tile below.

Thoughts?

Here is a link that might be useful: Florim Stratos Porcelain Tile

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flooring to coordinate with white subway and marble accents?

I like that choice, although to be sure you should look at a sample with your marble to be sure the greys work well together. I think you are on the right track with a similar color, but not a carrara mimic. Ceramics are often less expensive than porcelain and also suitable for floors. Depending on your style a porcelain tile that mimics a medium-dark wood could look lovely. My SIL just redid her bath with white subways, marble trim and a charcoal colored wood-look porcelain tile - all from HD. I think this is what she used (and under $3/sft!)

Here is a link that might be useful: Marazzi smoky black tile

o

I like both tiles but I think the darker one would really look great. I couldn't find a picture that shows it well but you can kind of get the idea from this one.

o

jrueter, that looks like a great option. I will have to go to HD to take a look. We want to keep things light, bright and classic, but I think it might be able to handle a darker floor if it is done right (like the pic LotteryTicket posted) and I keep everything else looking really light. I am putting together a quick "style board" to see if I like that way things look. I will post it here in a bit to get your take.

o

Here is my "style board", what do you think? Is the flooring fitting well?

o

looks great!

o

We just finished our master bath with white subway tile and Florim Layers tile in Sediment:

o

Another view of the floor:

o

We're in the process of redoing our master bath. The shower walls are subway tile with a Carrera marble niche and curb threshold, the shower pan is tiles with 2x2 white matte porcelain mosaic tiles. For the bathroom floor we are using 12x24" Ceramiche Supergres Nouveau 12x24 Rectified Tile Gris. I really like the dark gray color with the bright white subway tiles and the feel of the unglazed porcelain tile.

Here is a link that might be useful: Supergres

o

I found another intriguing option today. Some people don't like vinyl tile, but we have installed it before in a past master bath and it turned out great. I found a really thick one from Shaw with the thickest wear layer I have seen and what I think might be a great design to go with my simple subway and small carrara accents. Plus side is super easy install compared to porcelain, no chipping and a warm floor in the winter.

What do you guys/gals think? (linked below)

Here is a link that might be useful: Shaw Lighthouse vinyl tile

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here