Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hmg58

hmg58's almost finished master bath

hmg58
16 years ago

In my bad tile thread I promised pictures of the remodel. There's still work to be done, but you can get the idea of the space from these.

Thanks to everyone who has helped pull this together. (Nods to Jill 77 wherever you are...)

Webshots went a bit funky on me for some of the pictures and when you click on an individual picture it doesn't show right unless you then click on full size over to the right--sorry!

Here is a link that might be useful: master bath remodel

Comments (15)

• mahatmacat1
    16 years ago

Oh my gosh, that's beautiful. Jill would be thrilled to know that she'd inspired that--I can see your debt, but can also see your own imprint on it, so it's not a slavish copy.

Just FABULOUS. Great rearrangement of space, great colors, great textures--what were the colors that you used on your tile wall? And Is there a shot of the tub/shower area? I'll keep trying--maybe I missed it...

But in general, congratulations on a really wonderful job. I'll have to look up the bad tile thread to see what it was; I'm not remembering right now (which is nothing new)...but it seems things have ended up right, yes?

• mahatmacat1
    16 years ago

How silly of me--I didn't miss them, I *forgot about them* when I saw your stupendous vanity!

I really really like the change you made to the tub-shower conjunction from the drawings to the finished product.

And the shower long tiles--what are they? They're being used for *two* people's backsplashes over in the kitchens forum right now--evidently they're quite zeitgeist :)

And I remember the bad tile thread. It all looks so good now, though.

I *sure do* love that vanity wall--I'll say it again :)

• mahatmacat1
    16 years ago

Folks, you really should look at this bathroom--it's beautiful!!

• hmg58
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Fly, you are way too sweet. I really am happy with how it's turning out. Some day we'll be able to move back into the space! :-)
    The long tiles in the shower are a listello that corresponds with Casa dolce casa pietre 2. I'll have to check out the kitchen forum.

• hmg58
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Fly, can you point me in the direction of the backsplashes? I did a quick search but didn't quite know where to look. I'd love to see the tiles in action some place else.

• annkathryn
    16 years ago

hmg - gorgeous bathroom. I love the mosaics on the wall over the vanity (let us know when you get a picture w/mirrors!) and the shower is stunning. Beautiful cabinets as well. Enjoy!

Ann

• hmg58
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, Ann. They measured for the mirrors on Friday. They were supposed to be installed on Monday with the shower doors but, because two of the tiles making up the wall where the shower door is going are very uneven, the door is being delayed. Don't know when they'll be able to install the door or the mirrors...

• Claire Buoyant
    16 years ago

hmg, I'm hoping we get to see more of this bathroom. It's a beauty! Absolutely LOVE your tile choices.

• biondanonima
    16 years ago

Absolutely stunning - great work!!!!!

• houseful
    16 years ago

WOW! It's amazing! Very, very beautiful!

I peeked at your kitchen again. You did such a wonderful job in both spaces. Just curious, with such a traditional kitchen, how did you decide to go contemporary in the bathroom? We have a bathroom to remodel I'd love to do something more contemporary even though the rest of the house is mediterranean.

• kellyleeann
    16 years ago

It looks amazing!!!!
    I love the tub...what kind is it???

• hedygs
    16 years ago

I love your bath. Would you share some of the details re: cabinets, tiling, well everything! Your bathroom is wonderful as is Jill's.

• jhampton
    16 years ago

what a night and day change... great work!

• hmg58
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm so sorry that I haven't answered these responses but I've been without internet for a bit...

First of all, thanks to everyone for the comments. I'll try my best to answer any questions but I'm away from home for a few days.

Houseful, our house is fairly eclectic. The kitchen and dining room are more traditional, the living and family rooms are a mix. The study (being worked on now) will be VERY traditional. The master bedroom is somewhat transitional--we went with the Ethan Allen Modern Glamor collection--and then there's our bath. We hope it will all work. If not, our house is a two story so how many people really see upstairs? :o)

The tub is Aquatic Serenty Studio 19, soaking only.

Cabinets are custom designed Woodmode. I had seen Jill's bath and something in a magazine done by Seidman Woodworks
    (http://seidmanwoodworks.com/res5.html) that I loved and we were able to design a combination of the two that works for us.

Floor and wall tiles are 16" Casa Dolce Case Pietre 2 in orte. The floor and ceiling of the shower are 2" mosaics of the same tile.
    The backsplash is Bisazza. It's a blend of two whites and two blends. I don't have the specifics with me.

Faucets are Grohe.

Sconces are Holtkotter.

Toilet is Toto Ultramax. I honestly didn't think I liked it at first. It didn't sound as good as my Drake but it works very well.

Thanks again for the nice comments!

• jillthoner
    16 years ago

That is stunning!!!! Jill's bathroom has been in my inspiration book too. Any updated pics?