Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Glass half-door tub enclosure?

Posted by elizamamma (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 22, 13 at 17:34

I'm not sure what these things are called, but I'm intrigued by some pictures I've seen of a glass tub/shower enclosure that extends half-way down the tub. I like the way they look, but I worry that they won't contain shower water very well. Anyone have experience with these?

Thanks!
Liz

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Glass half-door tub enclosure?

They are called shower screens, and they are more popular in Europe than here. I think they do let water spray out, the once or twice I've used them someplace.

o

Yes we have seen those in Europe too, and we had to put bath towels on the floor to soak up the spray that got out. Like having a shower curtain 1/2 way open. Perhaps a European who has one can explain?

-Babka

o

We put one in in our previous house. Ours could swing either way so it could be cleaned without getting in the tub. We loved ours and never had a problem with water outside. The one thing we did, though, was raise the height of the shower head since we are both tall and I think that really helps.

In our current house, I am trying to figure out how to do something similar even though we only have a shower. We are even considering putting a tub in just so we can do the bath screen. Can you tell I hate cleaning shower door tracks? HTH

o

Gs777, you don't have to have a tub to do a shower screen:

However, I'm with palimpsest and Babka about the overspray.

This post was edited by writersblock on Fri, Aug 23, 13 at 19:19

o

I have considered it because cleaning a bathtub with glass doors seems to be more cumbersome than cleaning a shower with a glass enclosure.

When we remodeled our former bathroom we decided to go low tech and low cost and stick with a shower curtain.

I have two baths to remodel in this house and may again stick with a shower curtain.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here