Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
xtacie11

Bath layout assistance

xtacie11
11 years ago

We are adding a bath onto a bedroom and using our existing space. The house is a 2 bed/1 bath 1600sq. ft. California bungalow. We are expanding out 6-7'into one end of our existing long family room (and expanding the kitchen out on the other end -- another thread :o). The sewer inspection showed that the easiest (i.e cheapest!) place to put the bath is in the rear adjacent to the existing bath. The closer I keep the toilet to the back corner the less need for adding vents etc. The plan I have come up gives us about a 12"x 14' bedroom, 14'reach in closet and 14x5.4" bath. The only existing windows are corner windows and will now be in the shower (turn to glass block?) so we'll have to carve out new windows for the bedroom. The house is concrete block and is on a slab. Nothing easy! We'd like to add a door to the outside to access the hot tub. I've got the entrance to the bath and the outside entrance lined up (opaque glass to allow more light into the bedroom) and unfortunately that puts the toilet just inside the entrance. I thought we could put opaque glass with either just an opening or sliding door as a lavatory closet so it won't be so offensive to the eye at the entrance. We have a tub in the other bathroom so just want a nice sized walk-in shower and the bigger the vanity the better but not at the expense of wiggle room. Am I jamming in too much? Any suggestions greatly appreciated!