Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Corner shower help

Posted by JIMFDNY911 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 11, 13 at 16:43

We have limited space , approx 34 by 34, to install a corner shower in guest bathroom.
Can anyone suggest a manufacturer or brand that produces a quilty unit?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Corner shower help

Jim,

I don't have a recommendation, other than asking if you have stood in a corner shower? We installed one ~ 20 years ago in our last house in a guest bath, I figured something was better than nothing...today older, wiser, and unfortunately, bigger, I find most corner showers very squishy. Just make sure you actually stand and try to move around in whatever you choose before you buy it. We were originally planning a 48X48 corner shower in our present guest bath, and I'm so glad we changed it to a 48 X 36 rectangle...actually much more room inside.

o

Do you want just a base, or a complete unit with walls?

o

My son recently moved into a house with a neo-angle corner shower 36x36. He can't wait to remodel. Don't drop the soap and expect to be able to pick it up!

o

If this is the amount of room that is available though, there may not be much choice. Not everyone can magically make their houses larger. Saying "don't bother if you can't make it bigger" is really a non-productive suggestion for a bathroom, because then it's just a powder room.

On the super sturdy end of the market.
Creative Terrazzo makes a 34" Neo Angle.
http://www.creative-terrazzo.com/specsheets/ShowerFlorentineNeoFullThr.pdf

In the mid-range, Swanstone makes a 36" Neo-angle if you can find a few extra inches.

Maax makes a Neo Round at 32"+

Dreamline makes acrylic ones in Neo Round at 33"

I hope one of these works. Your guests may appreciate not having to hose off in the yard because you were afraid to put in a shower that was small.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dreamline.

o

I am presently looking for a neo angle shower base minimum 36" . We had one in our previous home and found it satisfactory in size. With limited space I would rather utilize it in other areas of the bathroom where we spend more time. I am wondering about the material of the base. Which is best. Any thoughts? Swan stone or acrylic?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here