Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pps7_gw

Pic of espresso cabinet, carrera, chrome fixtures, memoirs sink

pps7
13 years ago

I can't find the thread where someone was looking at all these components. Here they are together:

Comments (53)

• sedeno77
    13 years ago

Beautiful bathroom - where did purchase the vanities and medicine cabinets?

• pricklypearcactus
    13 years ago

Wow! That is absolutely stunning!

• cinnamonsworld
    13 years ago

Who makes the cabinets and what's the style name? (Is Carrera something to do with that or no?) Beautiful. :)

• pps7
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone. Still need to accessorize before I can post bathroom is done pix. Any ideas on window treatments?Here's a little info:

Wall color: BM Gray Wisp. Trim: BM Simply White
    Tub: 68" sunrise specialty with hardware
    Vanity: Shiloh furniture style vanities in espresso.
    Sink: Kohler Memoirs
    Medicine Cabinets: RH Cartwright Large
    Sconce: Hudson Valley
    Countertops: polished carrera marble

Hard to get a pic of the shower without glare.

• shoelvr
    13 years ago

So cool I thought they might be RH cabinets.

For window..if it were me =)..definitely white shutters. I would take them only halfway up. Or maybe white roman shades..half shutters with roman shade on top? Or even shades made out of natural material like grassy/reed stuff.

So beautiful.

• rookie_2010
    13 years ago

Oh wow.... I thought that was an inspiration pic from an online magazine! Everything about it is beautiful and perfect!

• pps7
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Okay how about a bamboo woven roman shade. Does anyone know any good websites for ordering these? I need ones that go both up and down. Here's my inspiration picture for the bathroom. I think I did a apretty good job copying it :)

{{gwi:1472723}}

• karena_2009
    13 years ago

hi pps7!

That is one gorgeous bathroom. Congratulations on putting it all together. May I ask the brand of the chrome faucets with the hot and cold labels? Love them and the whole setup. Were the countertops custom made from carrara slabs?

Thank you for sharing the pictures!

• shoelvr
    13 years ago

pps7 I love it!

I was going to recommend Smith + Noble, but it seems their website is down. I hope it's just a server issue! They have exactly the type of look you want in many shades and textures. I've ordered from them before. I hope they didn't go out of business..I just received a catalog from them with a whole house measure for free (no purchase required) and $99 install.

• pps7
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks karena! The vanity faucets are from rohl's country bath collection. The countertops were custom made. I hope that helps.

Shoelvy, I'm going to check out jcpenny this weekend-they are having a sale. If that doesn't work I'll check out that website. Thanks!

• karena_2009
    13 years ago

pps7: you did an amazing job--I can totally see how helpful the inspiration picture is now. Now, I'm waiting to see how mm2's bathroom turns out! Thanks for sharing the faucet information.

Cheers,

karena

• grammy46
    13 years ago

Hi pps7,

BEAUTIFUL!
    Two questions, first what is the tile in the shower and second does the fact
    that both of the faucet handles turn counter clockwise bother you?
    We have the same faucets and a guest tried to turn the cold on the wrong way
    and actually rotated the whole stem.

• sammiecanada
    13 years ago

Stunning! Beautiful! I'm so glad I saw this as I love the gray wisp color and it's on my top 3 of what color I want to paint my bathroom.

• catkin
    13 years ago

Lovely!

• diynewbie_sf
    13 years ago

Wow, gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! Hoping to order the Cartwright medicine cabinet from RH while they are still on sale (this week!) - so thanks for the nudge! Love all the colors, and esp the tile. Where did you get the towel bar?

• wickedgrace
    13 years ago

LOVE your choices!!! Is the medicine cabinet the small or large from RH? I am ordering one soon.

• diynewbie_sf
    13 years ago

Sorry - one more question - is that the Memoirs 24" sink? I'm trying to decide if we should get the L or S Cartwright (I see you got the Large) for the 24" Memoirs pedestal we just bought. Love all your selections! Tx!

• emma823
    13 years ago

awesome bath!!!

Do you mind sharing the dimensions of your shower? Is that all marble in there? Wow!

What is the height of your wainscoting and where did you get it?

• wickedgrace
    13 years ago

PPS- I have to tell you, I look at your pictures several times a day and everyday I figure out something else i can incorporate in my remodel! I have ordered your medicine cabinet, picked out your paint and today I decided to ask my contractor to do the wood trim on the walls instead of beadboard. Fabulous job!!!!!

• pps7
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone. I love my master bath-the window treatments are in!

The tile is AO catarina white. I think our shower is 4x5.

• rem1970
    12 years ago

pps7, I am drooling over your bathroom. It is simply stunning!

How deep are your vanities? I am considering the Memoirs sink myself, but worry that it may dwarf the 42" x 21" deep vanity I would put it in.

• KJ W
    12 years ago

I LOVE this bathroom. You did a beautiful job!!

I have a few questions, I'm not too familiar with pricing, so how would the floor and shower marble you put in, compare with a subway tile? I thought subway tile was relatively cheap and the marble was expensive, though I did see some similar marble in the home depot the other day - Was that junk tile?

Are your floors slippery? Looks like they could be when wet.

I'd LOVE to recreate your bath in my home!! Need to figure out if I can afford it.

Thanks!

• pps7
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you for the kind words! I must say, my bathroom may be my favorite room in our house! Finally got accessories and can say it's DONE!

rem1970, our vanity is the standard 21" deep x 54" wide. It was a bit tight, they had to remove the 4" marble backsplash otherwise the sink and faucet wouldn't fit. But I love the memoirs sink and it was worth it.

sparks72, our tile is not real marble, it's porcelain- american oleans catarina white tile. It's more expensive than subway but cheaper than real marble. I think to save money you can do subway in the shower with the porcelain tile mosiac band as an accent. It's not slippery at all b/c it's in a matte finish.

I hope this helpful!

• KJ W
    12 years ago

I can't believe it. It looks real from the pictures. Probably much easier to take care of too.

I'm going to see this AO tile in person at a tile shop this weekend.

Also, how did they do the walls? Is that just trim board?

• KJ W
    12 years ago

http://www.motechcorp.com/servlet/the-31/MT-dsh-D60-cln--60-dsh-inch-Double-Vanity/Detail

My space will only allow a 60" vanity. How about this one?

• gsciencechick
    12 years ago

Beautiful!! Totally serene. Would love to soak in that clawfoot tub.

• KJ W
    12 years ago

I went to a tile shop today and got a sample of the AO catarina.
    Couple questions for you:

Did you do the matte on the floor and the polished look on the shower walls?

Did you also use the AO small square tiles on the shower floor?

The rep at the tile shop pretty much talked me out of the carrera vanity top due to the possibility of staining. We decided on a white silestone. I prefer the look of the carrera though.

• pps7
    Original Author
    12 years ago

yup, that's exactly what we used: matte on floor, polished on wall, small square on floor and as an accent.

I would reconsider the carrera. I was scared too. We are not careful people at all and ours has held up fine after one year. We even have it in our son's bathroom; there is a little stain in his bathroom, but I think it's something only I would notice. The marble is ALOT cheaper than the silestone or any other alternative.

• KJ W
    12 years ago

So you didn't use any carrera accent tiles? I thought for sure you had.

• pps7
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The only things that are real marble are the counter tops, slab for the bench seat and the shelf in the cubbies.

• amy2202
    12 years ago

pps7, I absolutely love your bathroom. A couple questions if you don't mind.
    Is your tub acrylic or cast (if acrylic do you like the feel)
    Are your lower walls just painted drywall or wood panels with trim added. What color and finish are the lower walls.

Thanks for the inspirations

• pps7
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Amy,

The tub is cast iron.
    The lower walls are painted drywall. The color is BM simply white- I cna't remember the finish but I think it's satin.

• legalsec111
    12 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

• amy2202
    12 years ago

ppps7, thanks so much. why did you go with cast instead of acrylic.
    also what is the height of the chair rail

• Capegirl05
    12 years ago

ppps7! That is a beautiful bathroom...you should be very proud :o)! I am considering trimming out the walls in my bathroom like yours...how was that done? How does the shower tile clean up?

• KJ W
    12 years ago

Another question, height of wainscotting? Thanks!!!

• pps7
    Original Author
    12 years ago

the height of the wainscotting is about 5'. The ceiling height is 10' I wanted the wainscotting a little higher, but I decided to line it up with the mosaic accent tile in the shower. Plus, the height worked well b/c it's below our sconces, and hits the medicine cabinet in a good spot.

We just used our window casing material and picked a cap trim piece. The tile cleans up very well. No problems.

I picked cast iron b/c I like the feel of it. Honestly , I only take a bath once every 1-2 months.

• deanna_phx
    12 years ago

Wow, looks lovely! I'm doing my MB almost the same but with black cabinets. Used exactly the same tile in shower (with the black diamond trim) and used the AO Catarina coliseum white on the floor also and got a free standing tub.

Only thing left to do is the vanity tops. I'm leaning towards Cambria Quartz in Whitney but it's a bit price.

How do I post a photo?

• irishcreamgirl
    12 years ago

pps7,

I originally saw a small glimpse of your bathroom when you posted a pic in the kitchen forum in a thread concerning dark stained cabinets. I was in love from that one little "sneak peak!"

I am so delighted I was able to locate this thread with your entire bathroom. It is so simply understated and elegant. I hope I can pull off something half as beautiful when I redo my bathroom.

Enjoy!!

• three_acres
    12 years ago

I've got to say pps7 I was so excited when I came across the pictures of your bathroom a few months ago! It was very similar to what we were looking to do for our main bathroom with the AO Catarina tile, white wainscoting, dark furniture style vanities, and soft blue green walls. It was awesome to see it all put together and have it turn out so good! You did a great job! Our bathroom is smaller and only has a shower/tub combo so I hope we can get the same look in our scaled down version.

• vanmicnatlog
    12 years ago

PPS7 do you happen to know what the pencil trim is that you have bordering your shower and your mosaic trim in your shower? I don't see pencil trim offered for AO catarina. Your help is greatly appreciated, your bathroom has been an inspiration for many!You should be proud

• pps7
    Original Author
    12 years ago

we used pencil trim from AO Catarina.

• babs711
    12 years ago

Pps, I feel like I'm always asking you questions! What are your faucets? I like them. Are they nickel or chrome? Also how Are the marble countertops holdingup after all this time? I'm wondering about the everyday use of products (toothpaste, hair products, etc) in the bathroom.

Thanks!

• pps7
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I think they re Rohl. It's definitely chrome.

Marble is holding up great. we are not especially neat people.

• babs711
    12 years ago

Thanks so much! I've been trying to decide between nickel or chrome. The chrome looks really good and it's a lot more economical which is nice! Thanks for the marble information!

• allison0704
    12 years ago

PPS7, DD2 is about to redo her bathroom and loves your bath, especially the Shiloh vanity. Is that ordered as one piece? Can you give more specific details on it? TIA

Allison

• pps7
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Allison,

Shiloh has a furniture vanity line. It does come as a single piece. They are very well made-full extension drawers and soft close. The sides are paneled. They come is a variety of widths- we have the 54". Ours is the espresso finish and the Wyatt door/drawer front. They were on the pricey side, but well worth it. Good luck to you DD!

Here is a link that might be useful: Shiloh vanities

• allison0704
    12 years ago

Thanks. DD2 sent an email in to find a local distributor. Is that who you bought yours through? I've looked but haven't found any online sources. I did find their furniture vanity page today.

• goodgracious
    11 years ago

I have been reading your posts and wondered if you used the Southern Living Rucker Bayou Idea House as inspiration?
    We are about to get kicked off building our take on it. Any advice?

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm