Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Soap dish is too close to new granite backflash

Posted by sunnylund (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 23, 12 at 16:05

Hello, I just join the club.
I am getting a new granite vanity but there are two tile wall ceremic soap dishes just over the counter top. I like to get rid of them but if then they leave big holes. Any idea to patch the holes? The size of soap dishes are 3.7". The wall is yellow tiled.
Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Soap dish is too close to new granite backflash

I don't know of any good way to patch tile. Can you have someone cut notches out of the backsplash to fit under the soap dishes? That would look better than two holes in the wall? Do you really need a granite backsplash, since your wall is already tiled? Or could you use a much shorter backsplash - more like a piece of molding/trim?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here