Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
3/4 in thick hex tile--does it exist?

Posted by threeapples (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 15, 12 at 15:57

the tile guy wants it this thick for the bathroom floor so it is the same thickness as the wood flooring in the adjacent room. i cannot find one this thick and am wondering if it's ok for the wood floor and the tile floor to be of different heights. if not, the tile guy said he'd build up the subflooring to make them even.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 3/4 in thick hex tile--does it exist?

Build up the subfloor.

o

is it ok to build it up in layers? the subfloor just dried the other day and i worry that adding to it to make it thicker will cause cracks or problems beneath the tile? am i over worrying?

o

Put some cement board (hardibacker, wonder board, etc.) down to build up.

Not a big deal at all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here