Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where should the valves go?

Posted by axxis_rose (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 2, 12 at 15:46

The time has come to talk roughing in with the plumber. He will be working on a shower stall which has a showerhead and handshower, both controlled by a thermostatic system, and a tub/shower combo also thermostatic (no handshower). Are there guidelines about how high the showerhead goes (tall husband), where to place the handshower, where the volume controls should go (like, the one for the tub spout should be x inches above the tub), etc? Any help would be much appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where should the valves go?

The code height for a shower head is, in my opinion, way too low. I raised mine about 8" higher, and I'm about 6' tall. My valves are all just above my waist in height.

o
RE: Where should the valves go?

Put the controls where you can reach them without having to stand in the spray...don't want that shock of cold water as you turn the shower on.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here