Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zen4d

pics: What color vanity dark brown or creamy white?

zen4d
11 years ago

I'm having a difficult time deciding on a vanity. Which color would you go with, cream or chocolate?

The dark wood tile is my floor: Porcelanosa Tavolo Ebana

My shower tile is Porcelanosa Yakarta.

Here are some pictures. The darker color is the tile, the lighter wood is what I have now. The wall shower is the beige/white color (Yakarta). The color in Yakarta in photos are off. It's somewhere between the shade of the light and darker looking Yarkarta, closer to the first picture.

{{gwi:1472379}}

{{gwi:1472380}}

Here are some vanities I found:

#1 I like but I would have to go with all bronze for shower faucet ( and then the chrome handle on the toilet would annoy me), and I think chrome is a fresher look anyhow. It comes with a copper sink, which I do like.

{{gwi:1472381}}

#2 is blah but ok

{{gwi:1472382}}

#3 if I really had no other choice

{{gwi:1472383}}

#4 I like the color but would need another style:

{{gwi:1472384}}

So which color/style would you use? I would like to keep it in the 300-700 price range and need it by next week. Any suggestions on where else to look? thanks in advance and I really appreciate your help!

Comments (12)

• mydreamhome
    11 years ago

I would go with the contrast option, myself and choose the white. If the floor was lighter like the shower tile, I would have said the chocolate vanity.

Hope this helps!

• annkathryn
    11 years ago

I'm using Yakarta Wenge for my wall tile and a dark vanity from Decolav. The vanity is unfortunately higher than your price range (and mine!) but it was the best I could find.

Is this your shower tile?

This is the vanity I'm using (Decolav at Home Depot and Lowe's):

• zen4d
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you both for your feedback. After having viewed several bathrooms on Houzz, I am nervous about using the dark floor. I wanted more of a conistensy with the wood flooring throughout the first floor. AnnKathryn, I like your choice of vanity, but it looks larger than 30". I'm going to take another look. Thanks again, both for your help. Mydreamhome, I agree with you about the contrast and was hoping the white sink or copper sink would provied that contrast, but I do tend to agree with you.

• annkathryn
    11 years ago

Hi zen4d the picture is probably of a 36" vanity, but they come in 24" and 30" as well.

Also a friend of mine bought a similar vanity on amazon.com, you might look there if you haven't already (unlikely source, I know...)

• kmcg
    11 years ago

I would worry about the dark floor being slightly off the color of a dark vanity. Depending on whether there's any gray cast to the shower tile, the greige Martha Stewart Seal Harbor vanity might work. Have you seen it? It's 30", but may be too cottage-y for your look.

Here is a link that might be useful: Seal Harbor Vanity

• zen4d
    Original Author
    11 years ago

AnnKathryn, I wasn't able to find your Decolov vanity. By any chance, do you have a model name?
    KMCG, I have seen that vanity and I like it but didn't think it would work. I'll give another look.

I exchanged the floor tile today. I thought I would use the Yakarta Floor in the color pictured above, but the Blanco has grey tones and it didn't work. Instead I went for a light gray tile - after much agony.

I am thinking about getting this vanity American Standard Casada 30" but it doesn't come with a top or faucet so it's beginning to run a little high - along with everything else.

• zen4d
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is a picture of the new floor tile. It's the lighter grey tile in center and the Yarkarta is upright, just behind the grey tile. The wood floor sample is just a sample of the floor of the hall that the bathroom opens up to. The grey tile has just a speck of rust in it.

• kmcg
    11 years ago

I like that combination much better! The large format gray tile is nice and neutral, and it lets the shower tile really stand out.

• annkathryn
    11 years ago

The vanity is Decolav Cameron. I hope the link below works for you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vanity at Lowe's

• zen4d
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I bought the Martha Stewart Seal Harbor vanity kmcg suggested. Please offer opinions on the combination with my new floor choice. I wanted the casada but total cost for that would have been $1000 vs. 300 for M.Stewart. Martha stewarat had a nice sink and also nice drawer set up, sturdy too.

What do you all think of the new combo?
    Kmcg, thanks

• kmcg
    11 years ago

Well, I like it :) I assume you had the gray tile with you and were able to compare it to the vanity. From the photos, I think it would look great, and it's a pretty neat vanity for the price. I love that Sharkey Grey color.

• zen4d
    Original Author
    11 years ago

kmcg, ::) thanks again. I like the color tones, so nice. Here's a picture.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor