Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
catkin_gw

Marble Vanity Top Cleaners and Sealers

catkin
13 years ago

Which name brand or household products have you found to work the best for cleaning and sealing your marble vanity tops?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (8)

• rsasupra
    13 years ago

I'm interested too. Thanks!

• pricklypearcactus
    13 years ago

I do know that the cleaner must be pH neutral to prevent etching. We do not use our vanity for much more than washing hands and hand washing some delicate laundry. So far I haven't cleaned it with anything beyond wiping down with some water. i also am interested in hearing any specific products others have used to clean marble (safely).

Bill Vincent recommended Miracle 511 Impregnator or Stone Tech Impregnator Pro as sealers for my marble vanity top.

• catkin
    Original Author
    13 years ago

A late thank you!
    Anyone else?
    Looking for a PH neutral hand soap.

• pricklypearcactus
    13 years ago

I have recently been using Method Daily Granite Cleaner. (Well, actually I'm currently using the Method wipes because I couldn't find the liquid, but I will switch to the liquid next.) I believe it's mainly alcohol and water. You might want to search the kitchen forum as well. I think several members mix up their own cleaner.

The following are a few pH neutral hand soaps that I've found. I'm using the first one right now. I'm considering trying the second one next.
    Kiss My Face Self Foaming Liquid Soap
    Pure and Good Hand Soap
    Ecover Hand Soap

• cat_mom
    13 years ago

In my search for a disinfecting bathroom cleaner that is also natural stone-safe, I've come across a few products that I've been "test-driving."

1) Rubbing alcohol-water combo: I've been mixing up alcohol (70% isopropyl), water (in a 30-50% alcohol to water ratio) and a few drops of lavendar essential oil and using that on my kitchen granite, my mirrors/glass, and occasionally on my tub and tiled tub walls (porcelain and White Thassos). It's Ph neutral, and seems to work well. Not 100% sure about it removing lots of soap scum (esp in grout lines), but haven't used it enough on that as yet to form an opinion. Works great on the smooth surfaces.

2) Seventh Generation Disinfecting Bathroom Cleaner (trigger spray): Got this to try, hoping to replace my beloved Lysol Basin, Tub, and tile aerosol (which works the best on soap scum, but is NOT natural stone friendly). Too early to tell, but it does meet two of my requirements so far--disinfecting and safe on sealed natural stone.

3)Seventh Generation Disinfecting Wipes and Chlorox Wipes (w/out bleach): got them for wiping down the toilet surfaces and spot touch-ups (trying both alternately--the Chlorox wipes might leave surfaces a little streaky, but the surfaces do remain wet longer which is good for the disinfecting aspect). I also use my alcohol and water spray, but this is a bit more convenient. I know the Chlorox Wipes are safe for sealed stone according to manuf cust svce. I'm pretty sure the Seventh Gen Wipes are as well. Same igredients as the spray, I think.

HTH!

• catkin
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I really appreciate it, thanks! :~)

• cat_mom
    13 years ago

Oh, we used STT SB sealer on all the stone (and grout) in both recently reno'd bathrooms. It's very easy to use (no hazing or filming), and minimal odor. Was recommended by a few guys on here GW and also over on the John Bridge Tile Forum. Time will tell how well it works (at least on our stone), but it was definitely much more user-friendly than other sealers I've used.

• gorillakilla
    13 years ago

www.stt-sealers.com

Im an owner and tech rep for STT, if you have any questions id be happy to answer them. Our cleaners and sealers are user friendly and low voc. Our chemist has asthma, so he worked hard on finding a solution for sealers and cleaners with heavy fumes.

The cleaners work on any hard surface stone,glass,stainless steel etc

We also carry a lifetime system that is available through professionals.

Jeff Leun