Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What size vanity for 40" space?

Posted by rebecca3142 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 1, 14 at 15:23

I am ordering this vanity for my powder room. It comes in 30 or 36 inches. What would look better with a 40 inch space? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What size vanity for 40" space?

If the space is an alcove, I would go with the 30" so you have 5" on each side. If your area pays attention to code you are supposed to have 4" minimum for access for cleaning and for retrieval of objects. This is open so the need isn't there technically, but as a free standing piece I think a bit of visual breathing room would be good, too.

o

It really depends on the shape of the room and what other design elements it will contain. But I think palimpsest has the right of it; if tucked between two walls go with the 30 inch. It is a gorgeous sink, by the way.

o

Yes, it is in between two walls. I was leaning towards the 30" for breathing room. Good to know about the possible code issue. Thanks for the help!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here