Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lesleyintn

Kallista bath faucets and shower

lesleyintn
9 years ago

Do any of you have Kallista faucets and showers in your bath? They are quite expensive. I'm wondering if they are worth the extra money.

Comments (5)

• palimpsest
    9 years ago

I would say probably not. They are made by Kohler and they are probably made to the same standards as Kohler. You are paying a premium for aesthetics and designer name recognition.

The other thing that I would say about Kallista and a couple of the other high end fixture companies (not to single out Kohler) is that many of the fixtures are HUGE. The vanity faucets look like bathtub fixtures; the bathtub fixtures are gigantic. This stuff is made for big bathrooms.

The other thing is that if you are looking at MSRP that is inflated. No one pays full price.

• lesleyintn
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for your insight Palimpsest. I saw the faucets on a store display and didn't realize that they were outsized. Do you have a suggestion for a transitional/traditional bath reno? Do you like Rohl products? Hansgrohe?

• palimpsest
    9 years ago

Regular Kohler has some decent looking traditional-transitional lines. So does Phylrich.

Hansgrohe seems pretty contemporary/European to me, style wise.

I don't know anything about the actual quality of current brands. The last two plumbers I have used do Not like Kohler and they say it has to do with reduced quality, but I don't know enough to agree or disagree, except that I've had two bathrooms with Kohler fixtures that presented no problem.

This post was edited by palimpsest on Fri, Aug 8, 14 at 22:35

• LARemodel
    9 years ago

Kallista plumbing fixtures are one of the most expensive available. I priced them out at a retail store: $2200 for the bathtub set, $4600 for a rain shower head on an arm, combined with hand shower and thermostatic control. Add in faucets for dual sinks, and total came close to $10K.

There are lots of options, especially if you are choosing a polished chrome finish. At the low-end, they have plastic parts and wear out in a few years. At the high-end, you are paying for designer style.

Need to choose your sinks before choosing your faucets, as the reach varies a lot on the faucet and needs to match with drain hole placement on sink.

Also, need to think how fixtures will look in your room. I've attached a photo of a polished-nickel telephone-style tub faucet in a large, new construction, Mediterranean style home (not mine).

• vpierce
    9 years ago

I was very near ordering Kallista for my bath remodel a year ago, but ultmately went with California Faucets. I agree that the Kallista is oversized when compared to other brands. California Faucets has a good selection of transitional/traditional hardware and, so far, I'm very happy witht the quality. We got the polished nickel finish and it's holding up very well.

This post was edited by vickimp on Sat, Aug 9, 14 at 22:00

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!