Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jterrilynn

My porcelain wood look bathroom floor is down yeah! (pic)

jterrilynn
9 years ago

So far my crew is working faster than lighting on my bath gut and bedroom floor remodel. Love my floor! I actually didn't think I would like it as much as I do. Originally I sort of thought I was settling on something. Most of my house is open plan with the vibrant cherry kitchen being an attention hog. I wanted to pick a floor that blended somewhat with what the house was already saying even though that area has an off white tile. On top of that I was further limited on what I could get as PO had tiled over existing tile in the living areas so I had a height issue. Then, of course things started adding up so my first floor choice of a much more expensive porcelain plank went out the door and I had to readjust the floor budget. This is a fairly cheap porcelain wood look plank at $2.38 a sf but I'm happy. We ran the same flooring through the bedroom and master bath. I think my off warm white vanities will look pretty in the contrast. The tile guy wanted to do some kind of strategic layout but I wanted a staggered layout. I like the staggered better. And, I picked a dark grout (much darker than tile) called espresso. It's hard to tell in the picture but there is a slight grain in the tile.
This picture is from the bedroom door. The bathroom was done today so I'll have to wait for that picture.

This post was edited by jterrilynn on Sun, Aug 31, 14 at 8:39

Comments (12)

• emma
    9 years ago

Very nice floor and not to dark.

• itltrot
    9 years ago

Looks great! I hope to have my wood look tile installed in a few days.

• jterrilynn
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Emma and Itltrot! It feels so good to be underway on this project.
    I thought I might be disappointed somehow as my first choice did not have a glaze and had the color through. However, that tile was double the price.This tile is meant to be a matte finish but does have a glaze. I didnâÂÂt want any shine at all but IâÂÂm ok with this, in fact IâÂÂm very happy. It looks a bit better in person due to a very slight grain in the tile.

• monicakm_gw
    9 years ago

It looks great! I know you must love it :) DH has has installed lots of this and wants to include it in his bath remodel. IF the current porcelain tile works with the granite, we'll keep it only because there is a real wood floor next to (catty corner) in the office and I wouldn't want the two wood/wood look floors to be different. Isn't it amazing what they can do with these materials!

• suzanne_sl
    9 years ago

That is very pretty! I think it will look great with your vanities. Keep sending photos as this moves along. :)

• jterrilynn
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Monicakm and Susanns !
    This is for you Susanns since you asked. Nothing is in yet but the majority is bought. I do still have to find my countertop.

• jterrilynn
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Just an update to say I'm happy to have found my stone. I'm putting the deposit down today. Although the shower area is in a different part of the master bath through a door I'm excited that the countertop will have a tic of the floor color and jive with the shower floor. The countertop template will not be at an angle like the slab.

You can't tell in the picture but there are areas of the brown bits that work with the floor.

• enduring
    9 years ago

love it :)

• jterrilynn
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Enduring! I ended up having to buy a whole slab but I got it cheap because an end had damage. It's big at 118 X 70. I'm not using the wider dark band unless I have to. I want the template positioned to go straight across the lines, not angled and will use the softer section.

• southofsa
    9 years ago

Very cool- I'm not a big granite person, but I really like that one!

Keep the pics coming. It gives me hope that someday my remodel will actually start :-)

Lisa

• jterrilynn
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Southofsa! It's a marble although some sites say it's a quartzite. Getting started: Well mine has started and I had a little whirlwind of fast activity only to be slowed down by...well don't get me started on how I have had to fix a few things grrr.

• southofsa
    9 years ago

Very cool- I'm not a big granite person, but I really like that one!

Keep the pics coming. It gives me hope that someday my remodel will actually start :-)

Lisa