Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Handheld ONLY or Fixed Shower Head too?

Posted by pbx2 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 26, 12 at 15:02

We have 2 secondary upstairs bathrooms in our new build.
No dogs.
1 kid on the way.
BR1 has tub.
BR2 has neo-angled shower.

Is Handheld (with slider bar) ONLY - sufficient in each of the bathrooms or do we need a Fixed Shower Head too?

BR1 for sure will also have a tub spout.

Would love to hear pros & cons. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Handheld ONLY or Fixed Shower Head too?

I don't think you need a fixed shower head. In our shower we are planning a fixed and handheld because it is large enough for 2 people to shower at one time. So, having 2 heads would be handy. It is were only really large enough one person, one would be enough and it wouldn't have to be fixed. The handheld allows for easier shower wall cleaning too.

o

The last 3 showers I've redone have had just a handheld on a bar. I don't see a need for a separate fixed showerhead unless you really want a rainshower for that particular feeling. Otherwise, just the handheld is fine.

o

thanks all for the feedback.
It seems I can also save some money & not have to buy a diverter with a handheld on sliderbar setup just taking the place of a shower head.

o

We have used only a Hansgrohe handheld on slide bar in the last 2 showers we built and have been very happy with the water pressure and the height adjustability.

o

Excellent user experience. Thanks kaysd.

o

We're finishing our bath remodels, and we opted to go with just the handheld on slide bars - and no regrets at all. The fixed head didn't make any sense for us, as we can adjust the showerhead wherever we wish on the bar. Just make sure the bar is mounted high enough...
:)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here