Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Maax Rubix Soaking Tub - Depth to Overflow

Posted by MercerM (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 31, 13 at 14:24

Hi, I'm considering purchasing a Maax Rubix 60 x 32 soaking tub. Does anyone have this tub (or a 60 x 30 Rubix)? If so, can you please tell me the actual depth to overflow?

Don't know why this info seems to be so hard to come by. It's not posted on the Maax website. When you call Maax, you're given different numbers depending on who you talk to, as others on this site have noted. Makes me wonder if the Maax depth is lower than other comparable soaking tubs.

Thanks for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Maax Rubix Soaking Tub - Depth to Overflow

If I'm doing the math right, there's about 12" from the front tub inner floor to the underside of the overflow drain, based on the PDFs for specifyers that MAAX gives you for the Rubix 60x30. Looks like 14"h on the 60x32 model:
http://www.maax.com/en/utilitypages/productdetail.aspx?productID=(7CECD5D7-9582-47A0-8683-63D0A947011A)#pane4

These are available also in above-grade drain models (which will be shallower, but don't require digging into concrete or a wood floor to install), and those will have different measurments, as will the 66"L models.

o

MercerM,
We have one in our new house (which isn't completed yet). Mine is the 66x32 so I'm not sure that the measurements will be the same but I can check it next time I'm on site if you'd like.

o

Thank you vitaminjd. That should be helpful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here