Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What color tile floors with carrera marble vanity top?

Posted by liptonjl (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 17, 10 at 14:19

The walls will be grey, white trim, white cabinet, chrome hardware and the carrera marble vanity top.

If you have pictures of your carrera marble top, I'd love to see!

I am open to all options for the floor, but it has to be tile! Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What color tile floors with carrera marble vanity top?

Your color palette is the same as mine on the remodel we are about to begin. I went today and picked out Mohawk Trapani tile (12x12) in Charcoal with pewter grout. It looked really good up against the lighter vanity top and white wood. I will also have white toilet and tub and wood work and the darker floor seems to ground the room and make the white pop. I have had a really hard time finding a grey tile I liked that didn't have blue or green in it and wasn't slick when wet. I didn't want white tile because this is our main bath and used by my two not-so-neat teenagers. Hope this helps!

o

Oooh that does help, I like it. I have to collect some ideas before I go to the flooring store this week. I want to go in with an idea of what I want. Looks nice online, I'm looking forward to seeing it in person.

o

I am going with a similar look and am doing a carrara & nero marble basketweave faux rug for the floor. I will probably have darker bardiglio tiles around the edges of the room and there will be a cararra twisted rope border (and nero liner tiles on each side of the rope) to delineate the "rug".
This way, the pattern does not overwhelm the room and it is a very pretty look in and of itself.
I wish I had a mock up of it because even dh has not seen what I chose (other than the basketweave middle), lol.
Oh... and am using dark gray grout because white would be just plain suicidal in our house.

Maybe Bill V has done similar and has a pic?

o

You could also do a black and white floor. There are several patterns that you can choose from: Daltile pinwheel, The Tile Shop plaid pattern, a carrara basket weave, a hex tile, just to name a few.

o

Here are some pictures of my finshed bathroom. My counters are white carrara. Floor is all white carrara marble too. The border is 6X12's polished, the inside is the honed herringbone mosaic. Grout is Misty Grey.

floor

Hall after 2

Hall After 1

o

I used carrera in the shower and vanity counter. I wanted to dress this down so I picked a floor tile that did so. It is Ergon Elegance Bocciadarto grey. I think these two look great together. They are being installed now so I'm excited to see!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here