Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ec108

Opinions on Shower Tile Installation Issues

EC108
11 years ago

We just had to have our custom shower completely gutted and replaced due to leaking, which was eventually attributed to the body sprays. We have several issues with the final product, but are not sure if we are being overly picky and would like some opinions.

1. There is some grout missing and a big gap in a tile on the shower wall. There is another tile that is loose to the touch. This I feel is unacceptable.

2. For the crown molding tiles 1/2 of the tiles were grouted on the bottom and were not; this does not make the shower look good or consistent throughout. There are also grout gaps in some of the tiles. The picture below shows an example where the crown molding tiles were not grouted on the bottom.

3. There is a main tile that is not level with the rest in the wall portion of the shower. It is hard to see from the picture below�but the tile is not flat, it protrudes at the bottom past the front part of the wall and goes behind the front part at the top, this looks awkward especially since it is the first thing that is noticed when coming into the bathroom. I feel that this tile could have easily been installed straight with the other tiles. If there was a specific reason this tile was done like this please let us know.

4. A few tile cutting issues that left large gaps. I feel that better care could have been taken to cut these tile to fit or the tiles could have been re-cut when placed in shower and it was apparent that the pieces were not fitting flush. Even if this resulted in us purchasing extra tiles.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Yellowlite
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Chicago's Leading Clean Energy & Solar Panel Provider