Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where does one buy tubs, vanities, etc?

Posted by jamesfjamesf (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 15, 12 at 13:47

HD and Lowe's had crap, furniture stores have no bathroom depts, and I want to inspect things before I buy them so online isn't my first choice. Any "bath showcase" places near me seem to be attached to plumbing supply shops and have very little variety.

Am I missing something? Are there really no large bath showrooms? I'm near Nashua, NH if that matters..

thanks,
jim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where does one buy tubs, vanities, etc?

i looked at plumbing supply shops with large showrooms and also at builder supply and high end remodelling showrooms. I found, in both cases, that the staff were really not very helpful so I had no problem whatsoever taking my business online once I found what I was looking for.

I ended up getting a Neptune tub from TUBZ.com. Koren spent HOURS with me on the phone explaining and helping me and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

o

We are lucky enough to have a TUBZ showroom close to us here in Northern CA. We spent 4 hours sitting in tubs! They have over 400 in showroom! Tubz had the best price too! Keep searching for tub showrooms! It makes a huge difference sitting in them!

o

For vanities, check with cabinetry dealers. Most manufacturers of kitchen cabinetry also have lines of bath cabinetry.

o

jamesf, I'm located in Seacoast NH. We are just finishing up our master remodel. Vanity came from kitchen designer we used for kitchen remodel 3 years ago. Hardware and fixtures came from Restoration Hardware and a local plumbing supply store (Standard Plumbing in Portsmouth). We also visited a Ferguson showroom in Newton, MA. They had a very large selection on display. I believe FW Webb has a showroom in Nashua.

o

I went to Salem Plumbing in Salem, MA. They were awesome.Also, there are some great online resources I used as well. FaucetDepot and FaucetDirect

o

Sometimes your reputable/fairly local HVAC/Electrical/Plumbing type stores that cater to the trade will have a separate fixture gallery to display their pretties like showers, toilets, shower doors, lighting etc. Their "main" store may be more warehouse type that has all the ugly plumbing, electrical, HVAC type stuff. There is a Kentucky based company like this that is my go-to place. They have a gorgeous fixture showroom.

I agree - cabinet dealers are a good source for vanities.

o

Draw a picture of what you want and take it around to a few local cabinet makers and get quotes.

You might be surprised.

Plus then it can be ANY size/dimensions.
No need to get a one-size-fits-all vanity.

You could make it higher, or narrower, or whatever best fits your space.

Good Luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here