Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Framing mistake...

Posted by lzhwong (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 10, 13 at 13:45

They have almost completed framing on our home and as we were measuring everything we noticed that the master bathroom is 2 ft longer than what the plans indicate.

With this increase in size, do you think we should move the vanity and toilet on the 8'2'' wall? My concern with that is that the toilet will be out in the open as opposed to being tucked in a corner. We do not want the toilet in it's own little closet.

Is there any way to re-work the bathroom to make the space more efficient?

Thank you for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Framing mistake...

I would be more concerned about here you lost 2 feet as that could be a huge problem

o

What if you we're to extend the upper vanity into a short "L" and tuck the toilet on the right side wall upper corner. Make sense?

o

Yes, where did the 2 feet get taken from?

o

The bonus room shrank by 2 ft. We emailed the builder on Friday addressing this issue and haven't heard back. In the mean time, I'm trying to see if there are better ways to reconfigure the bathroom with this added space.

o

If they haven't put up the drywall, they can move it to where it was in the plans. Unless you prefer it the new way.

o

(where is the bonus room? I'm thinking they are off on a couple of walls?)

You *could* have a double vanity on the long wall by the tub and then just put in a linen cabinet/wardrobe where you have the single shorter sink counter. That could give some visual separation for the toilet.

I'd be more concerned about your loss of 2 feet in the bonus room... unless that really was just "bonus" space that you didn't know what else to do with so it became a bonus room. But, if it was a planned area, you need to make sure you still have plenty of room for the furniture you planned and all walking routes through the room now that you are missing the 2 feet. This is the time to correct it.

o

I am still having a hard time grasping that the "only" change is the bathroom 2 ft bigger and the bonus room 2 ft smaller. Something else I believe must be incorrect and I would be very leery of going to far until you are 100% sure there will be no major issues going forward.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here