Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jacuzzi tub + shower combo?

Posted by kristenc (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 5, 12 at 13:18

We're building a new home and I've already purchased a large jacuzzi tub for my bathroom. When we purchased it we assumed we could buy a shower surround to go with it ... but now the shop where we bought the tub is telling us that jacuzzi tubs aren't meant to be a tub/shower combo and so there aren't surrounds available that fit them.

We had hoped to keep the drop-in area for this tub very simple with minimal tile work, etc.

The first suggestion was to add a full-circuit shower curtain rail in the ceiling above the tub, but I really don't like this idea. Haven't had a shower curtain in years and don't want one now!

The other bathroom has a shower and my partner has graciously offered to "share" it with me. (His & hers bathrooms), and we can do that if we can't come up with another solution.

Has anyone here created (or seen) a jacuzzi/shower combination? Would love to hear about it, or any other ideas floating around. Thanks!

~Kristen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jacuzzi tub + shower combo?

There are several 60" jetted tubs that have an integral tile flanges so that they can be used for a tub/shower. Look for apron front alcove installation types as those are usually the ones designed for this, but it MUST have an integral tile flange to be used as a shower. Many people have used the Kohler Archer or the American Standard Lifetime series.

However, because the sides are higher, they are higher to step over and more difficult to use in shower mode. That's the biggest reason that you don't see the combo more often, not that the products are unavailable.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here