Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newenglandsara2

white grout/tile on shower floor: okay or problematic?

newenglandsara2
9 years ago

Hi there,

I am continuing to worry about picking shower floor tiles! :-) Our shower walls are going to be 4 X 10 white subway tiles, and we have selected an accent tile in stacked Azure blue glass (from the Ann Sacks "budget line.")

http://www.annsacks.com/onlinecatalog/program.jsp?cat=268004&coll=268304&prg=3369204

The sales associate at Ann Sacks highly recommended using frosted Azure 1 inch penny rounds or squares on the shower floor with white grout OR using a white stacked tile in Rice Paper or white with white grout. All of these tiles are beautiful, but my husband and I are very worried about how the white tile/white grout will hold up. In our previous house, we had white penny rounds (edged in a sort of greyish color) with white grout. Both the grout and the tiles got dirty looking, although friends suggested that the issue was with unsealed grout, hard water stains and/or maybe the wrong type of grout.

Do others have white grout and/or tile on the shower floor? If so, how has it held up? Any tips on particular types of grout to use that hold up better than others? Sealers to suggest? I welcome any input. If you have frosted glass on your shower floor, I also welcome your thoughts. We are hoping to order by Saturday for tax-free weekend in Massachusetts.

Thanks so much!

Sara

Comments (9)