Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bathroom color for old blue hexagon floor and white everywhere?

Posted by skimmton (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 5, 13 at 12:49

Any ideas for wallcolor in this bath? I think my only options are a lighter version of the blue tiles or a lighter grey to match the delorian grey grout...
Vanity is all white too...
help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bathroom color for old blue hexagon floor and white everywher

a few BM colors Silver Cloud, Polar Sky, Misty Blue, or Rivera Azure (matches tile)

o

Based on your post it sounds like you may want something other than light blue or grey. If so I think you could do any number of colors on the wall if you pull a little more blue into the accessories so the blue becomes an accent rather than the focus.

Maybe a soft yellow or turquoise with bright accents:

or a more formal look with taupe wallpaper and floral accessories:

What would your ideal be if you didn't have the tile as a limitation? is there a way to tie the tile into your dream?

o

I'd say find some accessories that have that blue as part of the color scheme. Then pull another color from them for the walls. Like above, but in whatever style you like.

o

Light blue and Light grey are fine (although I have several other greys in the house & it seems odd to bring in yet another) --I just didn't know which light blue or grey.
:D

o

I think you have a lot of options with that beautiful tile! What style do you want? For dramatic, I'd be tempted to go a deep dark rich blue (almost navy). You could go gray (any shade from light to dark) and really just about any blue. A light but sunny yellow color could work really well too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here