Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Height of sink faucet to backsplash height

Posted by rebecca3142 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 5, 14 at 12:45

Talk about minor details! I am ordering my sink faucet for a master bathroom. For my backsplash, I am using the standard 4" countertop material rather than tile. Would it look strange for the sink faucet to be higher than the backsplash? The faucet that I love comes in a short or tall arc. The tall arc looks a little more formal, which I like. But, I don't know about that height issue.

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Height of sink faucet to backsplash height

Of course it DOESN'T matter at all. Install the one you want to look at every day. ;-)

-Babka

o

Ack, so now I am liking the low arch one a little better (so great that I can do a 180 in a span of 10 min). But, I think the high arc one will work better with my tub.

So....new question....can I mix a high arc roman tub with a low arc sink from the same "collection"?

Here they are:

photo cassidy2_zpse3957a96.jpg

photo cassidy1_zps4d7c1b4d.jpg

Thanks again!

This post was edited by rebecca3142 on Tue, Aug 5, 14 at 13:58

o

They are from the same collection and will be just perfect. Can you visit a showroom and actually get your hands on them? That always seals the deal for me, as photos aren't always what they seem. I cannot tell you how many drawer handle samples I tried before my final decision.

-Babka

o

What is it you like better about the low arc faucet? Just the looks? I have a 4" tile backsplash and my high arc faucet looks fine (to me). It never occurred to me that it would be a problem. What (I) do find a problem is trying to get my hands and arms or items I'm trying to rinse, under a low faucet. The water stream is generally closer to the back of the inside of the sink. I like that I have a lot of room under my faucet and that it reaches to the middle of the sink.

Here is a link that might be useful: High Arc Sink Faucet

o

Yeah, just the looks for the particular faucet that I like. Thanks for the feedback!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here