Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Calacatta Gold porcelain in 2" HEX?

Posted by themi (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 15, 13 at 12:36

x post in flooring

Title says it all - does this exist? I can find subways and squares, but no hex...

If I'm chasing a ghost, can anyone recommend a hex porcelain sub that will achieve this look on the floor?

This pic is actually Ann Sacks Calacatta Borghini, but at $52/sf there was no way. Calacatta Gold looks similiar and was within reach (price wise), but then I started researching marble and know that I would not be happy with the potential etching. So that's why I'm on the hunt for porcelain...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Calacatta Gold porcelain in 2" HEX?

You sound like you are on the hunt for the same thing I am! The closest I have found is the Marazzi Timeless Calacatta Pearl - it is a smaller hex, but a porcelain calacatta mimic.

Another option that is similar is the Naxos Sculptur, which has a 2" square mosaic, which would give a similar, if not exact look (see link below)

I hope you get lots of other suggestions!

Here is a link that might be useful: Naxos Sculptur 2x2 mosaic

o

Themi,

What did you end up using? I'm looking for the same thing.

o

Look no further. Here is your source. I purchased A TON of marble from here for my new house and couldn't be more pleased.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Builders Depot

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here