Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Restoration Hardware Lighting Look Alikes

Posted by 3labs (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 25, 13 at 11:30

Looking for either SUTTON SINGLE SCONCE or
WILSHIRE SINGLE SCONCE for master bathroom. So far over budget can't afford them from Restoration Hardware. Any suggestions on where to find similar sconces.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Restoration Hardware Lighting Look Alikes

I Googled "single sconce for bathroom" and came up with the Midtown Single Sconce at House of Antique Hardware - it looks similar and is "only" $69.99. Try Googling and see what you can find - although I know you are probably over searching the web by now!

Here is a link that might be useful: Midtown Single Sconce

o

Or the Gatco latitude II. This is the amazon link, but I've seen it elsewhere on sale for as little as $35 from time to time.

Here is a link that might be useful: laititude II at amazon

o

Oh, for the Wilshire, there's this one.

o

beachteach, thank you and yes I just need to decide. Thanks, writersblock I think it is going to be Gatco latitude II. I liked the Maxim Rondo, but reviews said lighting was very dim.

o

>reviews said lighting was very dim.

That is basically the case with anything with a fabric shade. Even if the light fixture can use a higher wattage, the shade forces it down a lot, to avoid the risk of fire.

For chandeliers, for instance, it's normal to have specs allowing something like 60 watts per bulb but only 25 with a shade.

o

I have no suggestions but would add that I encourage substituting for Restoration Hardware! We got some bathroom sconces from them a few years ago. The bulbs are an odd type; they tend either to be loose and flicker on and off, or get stuck and break off insiding the housing. Then the specific type and wattage Xenon bulb they specify was discontinued, just a year after we bought the lights! I have been able to subsitute Halogen, but the sconces specifically say not to use Halogen! Ugh! And the bulbs are expenseive, as the sconces were!

Anyway, as a result we have come to regard Restoration Hardware as we had already come to regard Pottery Barn: a very mixed bag of licensed/contracted stuff, and not of the consistent, reliable quality needed to justify the premium prices commanded by the brand name.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here