Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bathroom vanity

Posted by pcdesmond (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 22, 14 at 11:27

I'm trying to decide on whether to go with a white vanity with marble top and ORB faucet or mahogany one with beige top and nickel faucet. Flooring would be hex tiles. This would be for a farmhouse. Opinions please.

I have attached a picture of the mahogany vanity and provided a link to the white one below.

Thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: white vanity

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bathroom vanity

I think for a farmhouse the white/marble/ORB option is a great look, especially with the hex tiles.

o

Plus it's called Winterfell. Go House Stark!!!

o

Oh, well, if it's Winterfell then it gets my vote automatically. Winter is coming.

o

I have a vanity in my guest bath with drawers about that size. Have you seen it in person? You might be shocked at how little they hold. Not meant for a regularly used bath IMO.

o

may_flowers is right about the drawer size. I went on color and counter material alone--plus Winterfell--and overlooked the details. Those drawers aren't going to hold much at all.

o

If you are concerned with the drawer size, I am sure you can find a white vanity with a marble top with larger drawers that would look great. I am not a fan of the tan countertop on the mahogany vanity in a farmhouse bathroom with hex tile floors.

o

Please do your research on marble tops (if its really marble). They show water spots and stain very easily- make sure you are OK with that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here