Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need opinion - double tissue holder

Posted by cheryl17 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 16, 12 at 11:23

We're planning to put Chatham hardware from Restoration Hardware in our master bath, and I'm trying to decide between the tissue holder and the double tissue holder. Since there isn't any storage near the toilet, the double tissue holder would be practical, but what do you think of the look?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need opinion - double tissue holder

They remind me too much of public restrooms - it seems odd to me to have this in a residence. But the look of the piece itself is fine.

o

I just put the double paper holder/magazine rack from pottery barn in my bathroom. Yes, in a perfect bathroom it may not have been my top choice, but like you, I don't have other storage right next to the toilet, so it made sense for us. I would not change my decision.

o

I just looked it up and, honestly, I don't care for the look. But, I certainly see the practicality of it. How about putting a small shelf in there? Or one of those toilet paper roll stack thingies.

I have a cabinet above the toilet in the water closet here, and find it so convenient I added one to my new build.

o

Or, have a tiny cabinet built in between the studs in the wall. Basically like a medicine cabinet but down low by the toilet. It could also house cleaning supplies, etc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here