Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marble floor picture! now to pick a paint color

Posted by purrus (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 30, 12 at 11:05

Hi all,
Here's the new floor! I'm thrilled with it. Thoughts on a paint color? I keep gravitating toward something like SW black bean or garret gray... there will be white wood trim and a bright light fixture. But, the room is only 3.5x5.5 with no windows... am I nuts?

Photobucket

Just for fun, here's some other stuff that will be in there...

all metal will be chrome for ultimate gleaming effect, since it's small in there

light fixture
Photobucket

sink (was cheap at lowe's, but I bought a nice delta faucet. ... will I regret not spending a lot more on the sink?)
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marble floor picture! now to pick a paint color

Beautiful! If the room is small with no natural light I'd steer away from a very dark paint color - it will only make it look smaller. I'd pair a light gray/greige with that tones in that marble.

o

For what it's worth, it's not too late for me to go get a different sink.. I'm really not sure that there will be room for my soap dispenser on this sink, but I guess I could get a shelf. However, I'd really rather not.

I love the Kohler Memoirs, but felt that the squared edges would take up more room than a rounded sink.

o

I think the Memoirs is a nicer looking sink, and would fit with the more traditional look of the chrome areas on the light fixture, but that is a personal opinion. I think the Lowes sink is a more modern look. There might be more room for items on the Kohler too. You could lay out the Kohler sink size on your floor with a newspaper or something to see how it will fit in your space.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here