Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
onelady1dog2girls

What type of ventilation fan is appropriate?

onelady1dog2girls
11 years ago

Hello, all. We finished remodeling our master bath (still need to post pics :-)) and have been enjoying our 6.5 ft shower. However, in this bath we have a way, way, way subpar ventilation fan. When I step out of the shower, you can see condensation on the walls. We have to blow fans, run subpar vent fan, etc. I called Broan up, and they suggested a 150 cfm fan would be adequate for the whole bathroom. The current fan has 4" duct work, and they suggested a 6" duct system. The configuration of our bath is roughly 8' x 11.' I am wondering if someone out there has any experience dealing with this, and can help me...do you think this 150 cfm fan with 6" ductwork will do the trick? What is the best product do you think for the application? Thanks everyone.

Comments (2)

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

We just put in new Panasonic fans. They are only 110 but haven't noticed moisture on the walls. They at so quiet. We can barely hear them. Only one shower nozzle- so if multiples may need more.

• MongoCT
    11 years ago

Panasonic makes god fans, but when you get into higher CFM, look at FanTech too. I like Fantech remote fans for minimizing noise. Pay attention to the length of duct as well as minimizing tight turns with the duct.

If you need ventilation for a tub as well (or a second vent grill in the bathroom outside of the shower area), they have single fans that are fed from two vent grills. One on the shower, one in the non-shower area of the bathroom.

FanTech

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars150 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource