Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What cleaner to use on glass/tile/acrylic base shower

Posted by newfielou (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 14, 14 at 10:58

I have a walkin shower that has glass doors, tile on wall and acrylic base. Every cleaner I pick up seems to say Do Not Use on acyrlyic. I dont know what I can use to clean the shower that I wont have to use different cleaners for different spots in the shower. Any recommedations?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What cleaner to use on glass/tile/acrylic base shower

I can answer that :) I have a Bain Ultra acrylic air-jetted tub. They said to use cleaners that aren't abrasive. Well that's much easier said than done as you've found out. So the only thing I could use was "Gel Gloss". I find it at Lowes and it's awesome stuff and keeps your tub cleaner longer. Problem is (for me) all the steps. You spray it on, let it sit, wipe clean and then buff to a shine with a clean cloth. No water needed. It's an ordeal. If you don't have back problems it might be a piece of cake (g) I've been just using a soapy wash cloth and occasionally , Scrubbing Bubbles :o Can't help it. That stuff is amazing! But I gotta stop it. So earlier this week I called Bain Ultra and told them that I can't find the word "nonabrasive" and " safe for acrylic". They finally acknowledged that the labels don't always say it's safe so she gave me a list of some safe products:
Fantasic
Oxy Power
Windex
Soft Scrub Lemon (and she accentuated LEMON)
Mr Clean All Purpose
Lysol Disenfect

Hope this helps :)
Monica

o

I always used white vinegar and water when I cleaned for a living.

o

I asked Bain Ultra about white vinegar. Someone had suggested water/white vinegar and a teaspoon of dish washing detergent. They said that was fine. I wasn't impressed with the results on my acrylic tub.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here