Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Masterbath room carrara tile anxiety please help!

Posted by gailyb (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 2, 13 at 10:55

I am starting to think about a masterbath remodel. White white cabinets would be the first thing with chrome faucets.
I will need 150 square feet of floor tile, 70 square feet for the shower and 14 square feet for the shower base and another 25 square feet behind a soaking tub (still deciding between pedestal or claw foot tub but that's another story)
If I do a marble subway on the floor what size? I don't like the biggest tiles in a subway although 3X6 or the next size up might be okay. How would herringbone look? Will hezagon 2X2 be too busy? Will all of this look outdated in a few years? And finally, as long as the marble is sealed will it stay unstained? How often will it need to be sealed (I have been told every 2 years to every 6 months). Is it a really bad idea for a shower? Would it look odd to have porceline in the shower and carrara everywhere else? I have been thinking honed marble for the floors and a polished bianco carrara for the counterops. If anyone has pictures, that would be wonderful! Thanks so much everyone!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Masterbath room carrara tile anxiety please help!

Go to Houzz.com, select bathrooms and type in the search box whatever marble or tile you are considering. You will find hundreds of photos that should give you lots of great visuals and ideas. It sure helped me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here