Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gailyb_gw

Masterbath room carrara tile anxiety please help!

gailyb
10 years ago

I am starting to think about a masterbath remodel. White white cabinets would be the first thing with chrome faucets.
I will need 150 square feet of floor tile, 70 square feet for the shower and 14 square feet for the shower base and another 25 square feet behind a soaking tub (still deciding between pedestal or claw foot tub but that's another story)
If I do a marble subway on the floor what size? I don't like the biggest tiles in a subway although 3X6 or the next size up might be okay. How would herringbone look? Will hezagon 2X2 be too busy? Will all of this look outdated in a few years? And finally, as long as the marble is sealed will it stay unstained? How often will it need to be sealed (I have been told every 2 years to every 6 months). Is it a really bad idea for a shower? Would it look odd to have porceline in the shower and carrara everywhere else? I have been thinking honed marble for the floors and a polished bianco carrara for the counterops. If anyone has pictures, that would be wonderful! Thanks so much everyone!