Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flynnnj

Really need help with bathroom layout

flynnnj
9 years ago

I've tried to do an accurate floor plan - the only finished item is the walk-in closet with ugly sliding mirrored doors. Everything else will be gutted.

I've been told that it's not that big a deal to move the toilet - really?

The toilet/shower area had a door separating it from double vanity/closet section. I took that door down so it wouldn't feel as closed in. There isn't ANY door from the vanity sink area into the bedroom.

I'm thinking about making it one more open area although it's still a little long and narrow.

I'd like a free standing soaker tub (or drop in if it makes more sense), a shower with some niches (maybe 3x4 or 3x5), a place to store linens, and I did purchase a 72" double sink vanity which I love.

There is absolutely NO way to bring natural light into the space - can't have a skylight or a solar tube. The only natural light comes from the bedroom area. Maybe I'd make a transom window above the new door leading into the space.

Is it worth moving the toilet? Which wall is best for the shower, tub, toilet? Maybe keep the vanity closer to the bedroom where there's a little natural light?

I've given myself the month of August to figure this out and JUST DO IT! Then it's back to school.

Comments (2)