Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
melissastar

anyone know of a 100% silicone grout that is black?

melissastar
10 years ago

I have some large gaps between the absolute black granite bench in my shower and the wall....previous owner installed it (probably a DIY special). Recently when I found water dripping into my living room I discovered that as a result of a deadly combination of a leaky Delta shower faucet (also part of the DIY special) and a lousy caulking job, water was seeping in to the area under the bench. Hopefully, I've caught it in time to not have to tear the shower up.

I've pulled all the current caulk up and letting the area thoroughly dry out before I recaulk. But I'm having trouble finding a black 100% silicone caulk. What had been used there seems to have been caulk made for windows and doors and I suspect that was part of the problem...didn't adhere well to the ceramic tile and it's not 100% silicone.

Laticrete has a black kitchen and bath caulk, but it's not 100% silicone, either, and I'd really prefer that, since the gaps are quite large. Anyone know where I could find black (or even dark gray) silicone grout?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner