Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tiling Bathroom Walls - 4 Feet or Higher??

Posted by Rareindigo (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 2, 12 at 10:47

We're putting new tile in our tub/shower area up to the ceiling. Would like to extend the tile around the balance of the bathroom but not to the ceiling. It's a tiny bathroom - 5' x 7'. What's an average/normal height to tile? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tiling Bathroom Walls - 4 Feet or Higher??

I am going to be tiling a wainscot. I will be using the height that works for me in relation to my other elements. My vanity will be a 36" counter height with 10" stone backsplash all placed in front of the wainscoting. I adjusted the height of my wainscot to accommodate my design plans. Mine will be at 50". I've seen shorter and taller. I don't think there is a set height. My ceiling is only 7' high. Here is an image that gives proportions. My room is 9.5' long, and includes the depth of the built-in floor to ceiling cupboard on the right. As I said the ceiling is 7' high. The floor is just there to help me visualize pattern and color. As you can see the mirror that I am considering barely fits above the wainscot and the ceiling :/ The square on the left is a cut section of my 60"x32"x14" high tub.
Photobucket

Having everything all drawn up to scale is wonderful to plan properly & to avoid surprises.

o
RE: Tiling Bathroom Walls - 4 Feet or Higher??

I would not go to exactly 4' in an 8' ceiling-height bathroom, because that divides the wall exactly in half. Visually, it is better to be short of exactly half or taller, so 36" 42" 54" would all be reasonable heights.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here