Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Place Shower Head AWAY from Lever?

Posted by pbx2 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 13, 12 at 10:42

Has any1 ever install their shower components on different walls?

Great while waiting for hot water.

Does it take more pipes or a special diverter = more $$$$?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Place Shower Head AWAY from Lever?

It's a good idea.

It does take a bit more pipe to go around the corner. but I doubt it takes a different mixing valve, because they have plain pipe between the mixer and the shower head.

o

I have two showers that have the controls on a different wall from the shower head. There were no different diverters involved.

o

We just did this in a shower. It is similar to the pic posted with a door on the end. We wanted to be able to open the door and turn on the shower without getting hit with the water until the water temp warms up.

o

I did it in my shower.

The two valves are right inside the shower opening. One head is on the ceiling, the other head on an opposite wall.

No additional valves or diverters are be needed, but sure, you need a few more feet of tubing and a few more 90's to make the turns.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here