Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting master bathroom - farrow and ball?

Posted by skny0104 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 10:32

I am considering using a farrow and ball color for our master bath. I am unsure about using the paint its (it has it's pros and cons). The color is prettier than I thought it would be, it was recommended by design consultant at the store (I brought in my tile samples, pictures, and described my floor tile).

My problem is that I am unsure about using f&b in the bathroom. We had previous issues with moisture such that steam would condense and leave marks on walls. It was weird because it was happening on opposite side of the room from the shower. We've added an additional fan to combat this but still worried that we might have the same issues if we don't use a "kitchen and bath" paint.

Also has anyone had any success with using Benjamin Moore paint tinted with f&b colors? I've heard that it is difficult to copy their colors because their paints use more pigments and of course different base formulas, but am curious to hear other experiences. Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting master bathroom - farrow and ball?

Previous owners used BM Aura paint, fyi

o

I have no experience with F& B.

I have loved my Aura Bath and Spa by BM. Have them make a quart in your color and see if it suits.

o

Thanks enduring. I *LOVE* the edited palette of f&b but worried about how it might wear/moisture/humidity resistance. I made the mistake of using their estate emulsion (flat) in our bedroom bc it is their signature finish and it's just not a good idea with kids in the house. I still see some smudges/dirt etc. Their modern emulsion was just fine (even in kids room).

o

Our BM dealer color matched F&B "blackened" (a blue-gray with shimmer). I didn't want to chance F&B due to all the special primers required. I've always used BM paint. Never been disappointed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here