Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
llcp93

Forced into Remodel -

llcp93
9 years ago

I am in a position that I have to repair two bathrooms that back up to each other due to a pipe leak behind the wall. One is a tub/shower combo in a hall bath our teen boys share and the other is our master shower.
While we wanted to update our bath someday, we really have no idea what we want but are now placed in a position that we must decide. Boys bath is easy. They are getting a new tub and shower fixture and travertine lookalike porcelain subway tile. Maybe counter top. Keeping and painting Cabinets.
I have made a little progress in looking for our master bath but have made no decisions.
We can go two ways. We have not set an in stone budget. We are going to price it out with what we want and then if we don't want to spend that much, have a scaled down plan B. The layout though is basically going to stay the same, as we don't want to have to move drains, windows, etc.
Tub is going and will be replaced with a claw foot tub. Now which one is the key. Thanks to photoshop, here are some butchered photos of what I am thinking. Cannot decide if I want a slipper tub or a classic tub. I cannot do the double ended tub because I cannot find one in 57/58". I most likely will go with ORB instead of polished chrome. Fixtures will be wall mounted due to space constraints.

Here is my tub area before:

Classic with ORB (colored by photoshop)

Slipper Tub

Here is a pieced together collage of what I had in mind.

Before:

After:

Wall at foot of tub is tiled all the way up and has a pretty top piece. The open area I have existing (shown 1st) will be walled in and have a window (second pic). Don't know if I would do an arch or just a rectangle. I have no other arches in the room. Does that matter? It would be framed with edging, as shown, but could not be open. I would have to have a piece of glass there but to shower head being directly across from opening.

Shower door opening would also be walled in to ceiling and the door framed in the same as the window edging with a rounded or strait edge top (depending if I arch things or keep them squared off).

Man's sink would get rid of the linen cabinet to the right. The counter would then go all the way to the wall and built in cabinets that are not as deep as the counter with drawers and adjusting shelves on either side. A new hamper below counter. New countertops and undermount sink centered.

Option B would be to do the shower as I presented and keep the cabinets as they are and refinish them/paint them and do new counter tops with undermount sink.

I have not even gotten to my side yet or the toilet area. I'll try to post ideas later.
I really am at a loss as to if this would look good. I just picked things I liked photos and pieced them together. I really need input.
TIA

Comments (2)