Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Windex Stain on Marble Floor

Posted by nothingbutboys (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 6, 14 at 10:22

I stored a bucket of cleaning supplies on the marble tiled floor of my bathroom linen closet. Dumb move. Not only did the Windex bottle crack, the bucket cracked as well. I did not notice it for at least a week. I now have blue stains on light crema marfil marble tile. Does anyone have any suggestion of a poultice, or other options, to remove the stain? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Windex Stain on Marble Floor

Use a poultice of hydrogen peroxide and baking powder. Mix and make it the consistency of a runny paste. 1st slather on a tiny bit in a corner, let it dry to a cakey crust overnight and remove. Make sure it didn't do any harm. If it didn't, repeat and place on stained area. Close area off as it is not good for pets.

Afterwards, seal if you haven't already or reseal if its been awhile,

o

Thanks so much - will try tonight and post with an update!

o

Shouldn't it be baking SODA not powder? Or maybe it doesn't make a difference?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here