Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
free standing toilet paper holder -need solution

Posted by plumberry (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 21, 13 at 10:03

help! unfortunately, I don't like free standing toilet paper holders -my experience is that they just get in the way and they can get knocked over and fall into glass shower ugh! I just found out that we will not be able to install a pt holder unless we want it on the wall behind the toilet but that seems too awkward. does anyone have any ideas how to solve this. we have not started the construction yet but the bathroom has already been designed and plumbing placed etc. I suppose we can have them build a pony wall or something...???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: free standing toilet paper holder -need solution

I'm not a fan of tp holders either, but we didn't have a choice in our guest bath remodel. I found one that is very sturdy, but pricey. I didn't care though. I wanted one that wasn't going to get knocked over.

I agree that tp holder on the wall behind the toilet wouldn't work. If you post your layout, I'm sure someone will come up with an idea for you.

Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Smedbo Toilet Paper Holder

o

I would do what ever you need to do to insure an adiquate location for the TP. Whether you build a pony wall or have a free standing holder is up to you. But I vote for installation on a wall if at all able. The function of the pony wall can be improved by adding a pullout in the end, for storage.

I've linked a thread with an example of Mongoct's pony wall with pullout.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mongoct example of a beautiful pony wall w/pullout & TP.

o

What is on either side of the toilet? In my main/guest bathroom, we installed the holder on the side of the vanity. Previously we had the dreaded free standing holder and I hated it.

o

A washlet toilet seat?????? ;-)

-Babka

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here