Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me find this tile! Reward offered!!!

Posted by brads (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 27, 08 at 10:02

I'll seriously paypal $5 to the first person who helps me find a place to purchase this blue-grey subway tile! My DW has her heart set on this tile as our tub surround, and I can not find squat at any of our local shops. HELP!

Thanks,
-Brad

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me find this tile! Reward offered!!!

Adex has (had?) a beautiful subway tile (Hampton or Neri line) in a grey/blue color for a pretty reasonable price. That one looks a bit grayer, and Adex's tilts toward the teal gray-blue -- but still worth searching for just for the beauty and price combination. here's the Adex:

Waterworks has a huge selection of different color tiles in that shape. (Hope it's not one of those unless you simply don't mind spending $35/SF for field tile.)

American Olean's Cache series is another possibility. You can see samples at Lowes, and IIRC, this photo may make the tile look darker than it actually is. The Cache series is very pretty and has lots of nice trims.
)

The Emser Cape Code series is another possibility, though probably not because it's very crackley.

o

Hi Brad,
How about this one from Costco? I've bought some Korel tile for my bathroom remodel. Excellent quality.

Korel glass tile

o

Try Daltile, they definitely have grey subway, this link should bring to site with a search option.

Here is a link that might be useful: Daltile

o

WOW, alina, what a link! I'd never heard of Korel before and clicked on another of the pages there...

wowza.

Here is a link that might be useful: wonder why they don't post the price :)

o

Hi, Alina,
I was just on Korel's website last week and very intereted in their tiles. How's the price? I really don't want to spend money ordering those samples, how did it work with/ going thru Costco? Did you get to see any sample with buying them?

o

If you search ebay for "glass subway tile" you'll get several tiles that look like those. These for instance--I know nothing about the seller, just noticed the color

Here is a link that might be useful: indigo denim

o

I've bought their glass/stone combo mosaic tile (2 colors, black and travertin). The price was about $11/sq.f including delivery. The tile is MUCH prettier than on their pictures.
At that time they send me 3 samples for free. Now they charge for samples :(

I am a Costco member. If you are not, you can buy Costco membership ($50) and then return it :) Personally, I think Costco has excellent deals from time to time. Very limited selection though :o(

o

Oh, I forgot to say that you can return your purchase to Costco warehouse any time for a full refund (including shipping). I am not sure about samples. Probably, they are not returnable. Also, Korel representative was very helpful and replied to my emails promptly. They had my tile on the Costco web site (like this one), so I bought it directly from Costco. The only drawback: they sell boxes (10 or 11 sq. f) only.

BTW, I do not see that subway tile on their web site. You might want to contact them...

OT: Costco sells river rock pebble tile for about $2/sq.f (not online, in warehouse) now. Just in case anyone is interested...

o

brads - where did you get the photo?

o

he he he, I think I found the exact tile. It is Susan Jablon Mosaics; glass subway beach tile. Just scroll down to the greys.

Here is a link that might be useful: Susan Jablon

o

Pretty tile Askonovd -- but the Susan Jablon's are only 1" x 3", so not an exact match...

Brads - Are those glass or ceramic?

o

Wow! Lot's of replies. Let's see if I can answer some:

I got the pic off of Potter Barn. I think they are ceramic, and even if they are not that is the way I want to go. Laying that much glass tile seems like too much work!

So far, I think that Daltile will be the way to go. Anyone know a good place to get it in the Chicago area? I've already been to Century Tile (before this thread) and they didn't suggest it, so I'd rather give someone else my business if possible.

Thanks!
-Brad

o

I'm not sure if they carry Daltile, but I've done business with Corna Tile on Harlem in Elmwood Park and they are WONDERFUL! My next favorite tile place is the Tile Center Inc at 5056 Fullerton, just west of Cicero. They are also very customer service oriented.

And then there are the very pricy galleries in River North.

o

You might be able to contact Pottery Barn and get the info. Just a thought.

o

Here's your exact tile. $15 a sf. shipped!

Here is a link that might be useful: Blue Gray Tile

o

The pottery barn stuff is most likely comming from either WaterWorks or Ann Sacks. Hold on to your wallet fella.

o

Brad - I have to admit I also have fallen in love with this tile.......

It is made by Akdo. It is a 3x6 glass tile and the color is Caspian Blue Light (Clear) Part #: GL1409-0306C0.

If you go to the link below you will see the photo from Pottery Barn.

Happy tiling!

Here is a link that might be useful: Akdo Caspian Blue Light (Clear) Tile

o

Wow! That's it! Now if I can only afford it...

Sorry for the lack of posts and delay in response. I was trying to get this done before my wife had our 2nd child, but the baby had other ideas! Now I'm not sure when I'll get to it.

kitchenredo2, send me an email and I will paypal your reward! awgrimm at sbcglobal dot net

Thanks!
-Brad

PS - Now can someone find me the time to redo my bathroom! ;)

o

Hi there!

Korel and Costco have a new program. Here is the link...

Here is a link that might be useful: Korel Design Tiles on Costco!

o

In case anyone ever wants to know in the future (sorry I'm so late Brads!) that is AKDO Caspian Blue Light

http://www.akdo.com/images/categorypics/glassnew/caspianbluelight.jpg

http://www.akdo.com/products_detail_coll.asp?pid=1505&collid=35&catid=113&mcatid=13&subcollid=0

It's really beautiful, I'm about to put it in my kitchen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here