Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brads_gw

Help me find this tile! Reward offered!!!

brads
15 years ago

I'll seriously paypal $5 to the first person who helps me find a place to purchase this blue-grey subway tile! My DW has her heart set on this tile as our tub surround, and I can not find squat at any of our local shops. HELP!

Thanks,

-Brad

Comments (20)

• sweeby
    15 years ago

Adex has (had?) a beautiful subway tile (Hampton or Neri line) in a grey/blue color for a pretty reasonable price. That one looks a bit grayer, and Adex's tilts toward the teal gray-blue -- but still worth searching for just for the beauty and price combination. here's the Adex:
    {{gwi:1469924}}

Waterworks has a huge selection of different color tiles in that shape. (Hope it's not one of those unless you simply don't mind spending $35/SF for field tile.)

American Olean's Cache series is another possibility. You can see samples at Lowes, and IIRC, this photo may make the tile look darker than it actually is. The Cache series is very pretty and has lots of nice trims.

)

The Emser Cape Code series is another possibility, though probably not because it's very crackley.
    {{gwi:1469926}}

• alina_1
    15 years ago

Hi Brad,
    How about this one from Costco? I've bought some Korel tile for my bathroom remodel. Excellent quality.

Korel glass tile

• pepperidge_farm
    15 years ago

Try Daltile, they definitely have grey subway, this link should bring to site with a search option.

Here is a link that might be useful: Daltile

• mahatmacat1
    15 years ago

WOW, alina, what a link! I'd never heard of Korel before and clicked on another of the pages there...

wowza.

Here is a link that might be useful: wonder why they don't post the price :)

• gpwuster
    15 years ago

Hi, Alina,
    I was just on Korel's website last week and very intereted in their tiles. How's the price? I really don't want to spend money ordering those samples, how did it work with/ going thru Costco? Did you get to see any sample with buying them?

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    15 years ago

If you search ebay for "glass subway tile" you'll get several tiles that look like those. These for instance--I know nothing about the seller, just noticed the color

Here is a link that might be useful: indigo denim

• alina_1
    15 years ago

I've bought their glass/stone combo mosaic tile (2 colors, black and travertin). The price was about $11/sq.f including delivery. The tile is MUCH prettier than on their pictures.
    At that time they send me 3 samples for free. Now they charge for samples :(

I am a Costco member. If you are not, you can buy Costco membership ($50) and then return it :) Personally, I think Costco has excellent deals from time to time. Very limited selection though :o(

• alina_1
    15 years ago

Oh, I forgot to say that you can return your purchase to Costco warehouse any time for a full refund (including shipping). I am not sure about samples. Probably, they are not returnable. Also, Korel representative was very helpful and replied to my emails promptly. They had my tile on the Costco web site (like this one), so I bought it directly from Costco. The only drawback: they sell boxes (10 or 11 sq. f) only.

BTW, I do not see that subway tile on their web site. You might want to contact them...

OT: Costco sells river rock pebble tile for about $2/sq.f (not online, in warehouse) now. Just in case anyone is interested...

• kitchenredo2
    15 years ago

brads - where did you get the photo?

• PRO
    Skonovd Ranch
    15 years ago

he he he, I think I found the exact tile. It is Susan Jablon Mosaics; glass subway beach tile. Just scroll down to the greys.

Here is a link that might be useful: Susan Jablon

• sweeby
    15 years ago

Pretty tile Askonovd -- but the Susan Jablon's are only 1" x 3", so not an exact match...

Brads - Are those glass or ceramic?

• brads
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow! Lot's of replies. Let's see if I can answer some:

I got the pic off of Potter Barn. I think they are ceramic, and even if they are not that is the way I want to go. Laying that much glass tile seems like too much work!

So far, I think that Daltile will be the way to go. Anyone know a good place to get it in the Chicago area? I've already been to Century Tile (before this thread) and they didn't suggest it, so I'd rather give someone else my business if possible.

Thanks!
    -Brad

• User
    15 years ago

I'm not sure if they carry Daltile, but I've done business with Corna Tile on Harlem in Elmwood Park and they are WONDERFUL! My next favorite tile place is the Tile Center Inc at 5056 Fullerton, just west of Cicero. They are also very customer service oriented.

And then there are the very pricy galleries in River North.

• kelleg69
    15 years ago

You might be able to contact Pottery Barn and get the info. Just a thought.

• blondelle
    15 years ago

Here's your exact tile. $15 a sf. shipped!

Here is a link that might be useful: Blue Gray Tile

• antss
    15 years ago

The pottery barn stuff is most likely comming from either WaterWorks or Ann Sacks. Hold on to your wallet fella.

• brads
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow! That's it! Now if I can only afford it...

Sorry for the lack of posts and delay in response. I was trying to get this done before my wife had our 2nd child, but the baby had other ideas! Now I'm not sure when I'll get to it.

kitchenredo2, send me an email and I will paypal your reward! awgrimm at sbcglobal dot net

Thanks!
    -Brad

PS - Now can someone find me the time to redo my bathroom! ;)

• ingridlidner
    15 years ago

Hi there!

Korel and Costco have a new program. Here is the link...

Here is a link that might be useful: Korel Design Tiles on Costco!

• digiweb
    11 years ago

In case anyone ever wants to know in the future (sorry I'm so late Brads!) that is AKDO Caspian Blue Light

http://www.akdo.com/images/categorypics/glassnew/caspianbluelight.jpg

http://www.akdo.com/products_detail_coll.asp?pid=1505&collid=35&catid=113&mcatid=13&subcollid=0

It's really beautiful, I'm about to put it in my kitchen